How an ECM solves business problems.
An ECM or enterprise content management is a tool for organizations to better manage their records. Data mining and analytics are becoming more valuable to organizations that want to find a competitive advantage. According to the Aberdeen Research Group nearly half of organizations say that their business process relies heavy on paper documents still. (Handling Paper in a Digital Age White Paper)
With organizations not wanting to fall behind, more and more organizations are exploring ECM solutions to better help solve the following business problems:
- Records Management: Establishing policies and standards for maintaining diverse types of records. Some, but not all, documents within an organization become records. [READ MORE]
- Workflow Optimization: A way to reduce costs and provide better services for patrons. With inefficient workflows, things take longer and cost more to get done. In addition, rethinking workflows is a critical part of the process of incorporating new technologies. [READ MORE]
- Better Department Collaboration: The inter-departmental innovation collaboration facilitates innovation performance. [READ MORE]
- Web Content Management: Provides website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools designed to allow users with little knowledge of web programming languages or markup languages to create and manage website content with relative ease. [READ MORE]
- Document Management: The day-to-day capture, storage, modification and sharing of physical and/or digital files within an organization. [READ MORE]
Follow us on Twitter @medimicro for more information about ECM.